In keeping with its mission, the Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women annually provides one four-year renewable scholarship. The recipient should be a young woman graduating from high school and continuing her education in a college or university. The student must belong to a parish in the Archdiocese of Chicago. Below you can find general rules and links to printable letters, including last year’s scholarship essay.
This scholarship is available for high school seniors who meet the following criteria:
- Have maintained a C average in high school
- Have been involved in extra-curricular activities at church, in their community or at school
- Plan to attend a college
In addition, each application must submit the following:
- A signed letter from the Principal's office stating the student's GPA
- English language in the 300-word essay titled, “How Would You, as a Young Catholic Woman, Navigate the Challenges We Face in the World Today?” (typed and double-spaced on a standard 8.5x11” page)
- Two letters of recommendation, one from their Dean of Students of Counselor and another from a pastor, youth minister or non-family member. You can find a printable letter for parents and principals here.
Students should mail the essay, transcripts, signed application, and recommendations with a postmark dated no later than April 30 to:
Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women
3525 South Lake Park Avenue
Chicago, IL 60653
The $1,000 per year scholarship will be paid per semester upon receipt of the previous semester’s transcript.